Thread: Equitable?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 06:24 AM   #344
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Equitable?

Quote:
Ruth McWilliam wrote:
Men do these things too. Neither sex has the monopoly on bad behaviour within the dojo! In a good, well-run dojo, with strong leadership, these things are not permitted to cause problems.

So you didn't find the best training environment for you first off. Neither did I, nor quite a few others here! Rather than remaining bitter about the experience, I suggest that you learn from it. Dragging your bad experiences from your previous dojos into this thread isn't acheiving anything constructive.
Ruth... that was my reply to the women who keep complaining that you're reading from. So let me take your words and apply it to the comments about the "sexist" men in dojo's. To the women who keep complaining:

Neither sex has the monopoly on bad behaviour within the dojo! In a good, well-run dojo, with strong leadership, these things are not permitted to cause problems.

So you didn't find the best training environment for you first off. Neither did I, nor quite a few others here! Rather than remaining bitter about the experience, I suggest that you learn from it. Dragging your bad experiences from your previous dojos into this thread isn't acheiving anything constructive.

There. Nicely said, Ruth. But if you think about it, that's what a lot of us have been politely saying from the start. It seems like no one will be happy or satisfied if everyone doesn't make the proper noises about the poor victims, though. Hence you see people like Sunny shaking her golden curls and stamping her tiny foot in rage.

Mike