View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 07:56 AM   #48
Misogi-no-Gyo
Re: Kototama Question

Quote:
Ron Tisdale wrote:
No, I had few doubts, but thought I would check. I think your words speak pretty much for themselves...as does your willingness to share what you've trained so hard to achieve
Thank you for your comments. As I had earlier indicated, if you are interested in some of the things that I have mentioned in various threads, I would like to contact you privately with an opportunity in which you may be interested. Please send me a private message with you phone number and the best time to contact you so that we may discuss this directly.

Quote:
Ron Tisdale wrote:
...so I was a bit thrown off by some of the gratuitous .... comments.

gra•tu•i•tous - adj.
1. Given or granted without return or recompense; unearned.
2. Given or received without cost or obligation; free.
3. Unnecessary or unwarranted; unjustified: gratuitous criticism

Okay, presuming that you were referring to item number 3, above it may seem to be that I was, indeed, criticizing something, or someone. If that is the case, and that on first reading and you or anyone else did read it that way, let me step forward and say then that I truly apologize, as that is not how I meant to sound... in this case, anyway. However, if you would reread my statements, they are perhaps better understood as a method of inquiry, but not that of my own seemingly selfish curiosity, as in the case of Mr. Sigman. For me, I was simply asking Mr. Liberti to ask himself these questions, so that by doing so he might gain a better understanding of what, if anything he actually knows. This particular style of inquiry is designed to encourage the thinking man to encounter a leap forward by being introduced to a progression of thought that he may not before have encountered or considered. The non-thinking man will either dismiss it, question the motives, or miss it entirely. To be clear, since I have no idea what Mr. Liberti (in this case) knows, I am certainly in no place to judge it or him, or criticize it or him at any level. As for who really is in a place to judge, it is all relative. One's teacher is certainly charged with judging the student on many levels and then figuring out how to move the student forward in the face of the student's shortcomings, but more importantly to move the student forward in spite of the teacher's own prejudices, justified, or otherwise. Wouldn't you agree?

I no longer participate in or read the discussion forums here on AikiWeb due to the unfair and uneven treatment of people by the owner/administrator.