Thread: Equitable?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 03:15 PM   #58
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Equitable?

Quote:
Mary Eastland wrote:
[SNIP].. My Aikido has a lot to do with peace love dove stuff. It also has helped me transform from a woman who has been raped and beaten to who I am today. So don't give me any of that real thing stuff.
Hmmmmm. Mary, I don't have any quarrel with what you personally want to do and I feel badly that you've undergone a very bad experience. But I think what O-Sensei did was "the real stuff" and that's more what I tend to focus on than women's issues, men's machismo, religiosity, etc. If you can present a logical and compelling case that what you do is "the real stuff", I'm anxious to listen.
Quote:
My hope for Aikido is that some day more women will be safe. The way I see it is that more women teaching and being visible in organizations will make Aikido more available to more and younger women.
Do you consider Aikido as you do it a dependable means of self-defense?
Quote:
Do women have to smiling and charming for you to listen to them?
Sadly, I tend to treat women exactly as I do men and I have the same criteria for them as I do men. If they are strong, smart, and dependable I tend to like them. If anyone doesn't have much personal worth and character, I tend to avoid them. It pisses a lot of women off when I do that, I think. Some women want to be treated just like men..... but special.

FWIW

Mike