View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 05:27 AM   #17
batemanb

Dojo: Seibukan Aikido UK
Re: Has anyone visited the Hombu Dojo?

Quote:
ahmad abas wrote:
All in all, I think 2000usd for two weeks is enough to get by in tokyo. I got by with less, but it all depends on your lifestyle. A cheap meal can be gotten for less than 500 yen. So do your maths. On tuesday, you can get some beef ramen for 100 yen in this particular shop. but i can't remember which.

I think you can probably get by on quite a bit less than this. You can find plenty of business hotels that rate between $60 and $80 dollars per night.

You should be able to eat out for about $10and $15 a pop at night, if you don't go to big expensive restaurants. You should also be able to find set menu lunches for about $5. Alternatively, the local conbeni (7-11, Lawson etc.) will do very cheap food.

Yoshinoya (big orange signs with Yoshinoya written in black, see http://www.igougo.com/photos/journal_photos/yoshi2.jpg) used to do Gyudon for 100 yen. I'm not sure if they still do this, business went a bit sour on the beef front a while back, but that may have changed.

regards

Bryan

A difficult problem is easily solved by asking yourself the question, "Just how would the Lone Ranger handle this?"