View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 12:46 PM   #57
E.D. Gordon
Dojo: Shobukan Maryland
United_States
Re: Women and Everybody Else in Aikido

Quote:
Meggy Gurova wrote:
I'm not going to apologize again for my bad English, but I hope that you understand what I'm writing
Sprichst du Deutsche, Meggy? Dann, du kannst eine wirklich schlecht Versuche sehen!

Quote:
Meggy Gurova wrote:
The only thing I can do is to be a good example so good that the other person chooses to become like me (role model) or the opposite to be a very bad person so the other sees my mistakes and tries not to do them herself / himself. So off course, if I see another persons "mistakes" I'm going to react "we are only human", because I'm sure that this person is focusing on some other aspect off his /hers development. But I can not make the same excuse for myself (for instance I stop smoking after 12 years off making excuses). But I would like other people to understand my mistakes and think that I'm only human, and be patient with me.
Meggy
I hope I seem patient with you. It is the rest of humanity which seems to try me.

Especially those who will not give others a chance, due to some arbitrary factor.

Stopping smoking, especially here in Europe where it almost seems mandatory, speaks of strength of character and dedication to betterment.

My mother smoked while she was pregnant with me, and beyond. My lungs and throat have been susceptible to infection ever since.

I saw chocolate cigarrettes in the Rewe today.

I spent too much time in my life struggling to breathe, to ever give it away again.

Besides, I prefer dark chocolate.

mle