View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 03:27 PM   #10
akiy

Re: New Feature: AikiWeb AikiWiki!

From this post:
Quote:
John Riggs wrote:
OK. I tried putting up a section in the Styles and nothing comes out. Is there a secret to this. I'm not a computer wiz-I type ok but that's about it.
I think the best way to get used to adding/modifying the AikiWiki is by going to its playground and trying things out. You'll also probably find the syntax guide to be useful, too. Also, by using the "Show pagesource" link at the bottom left of each page, you can see the code that was used to create that page.

The basics of a Wiki are as folllows.

If you want to create a new page, all you have to do is create a link to a page that doesn't exist. This is done by using the double brackets "[[" and "]]" surrounding a text [[likethis]]. In this instance, the AikiWiki will create a link to a page called "likethis" with the link text itself being "likethis". The same in basic HTML might look like <A HREF="likethis">likethis</A>. If you want to change the text that's being used in the link, you can use something like [[likethis|Go to this page]] which would then link to the "likethis" page with a text that states, "Go to this page" (<A HREF="likethis">Go to this page</A>).

When you create a link, the page itself doesn't exist -- just the link does. That means that you first need to save the page with the link (eg [[ikkyotips|Tips on Ikkyo]]). You'll then see that link as a light-blue color. Click on it and you'll get a page stating that "This topic does not exist yet." To add content to that page, click on "Create this page" near the bottom left. Doing so will bring up the editor which will enable you to create that page.

You can always use the "Preview" button when editing/creating a page to make sure that what you want is what you get.

Does that help?

-- Jun

PS: I went and created a link on the styles AikiWiki page for help on choosing a dojo. You might want to use that to create your page with your ideas on how to choose a dojo...

Last edited by akiy : 01-31-2005 at 03:30 PM.

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!