Old 01-14-2005, 07:09 PM   #6
Peter Goldsbury
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member

Dojo: Hiroshima Kokusai Dojo
Japan
Re: "I am the Universe."

Quote:
David Valadez wrote:
I imagine I am looking at the same electronic version of Deguchi's book. Thanks for letting me know though. And thanks for the kanji readings. I've found a few other writings central to Omoto-kyo on the net as well. It's all very interesting when it's looked at in light of Osensei's interview. I even found out which picture of what Kami is behind Osensei in the old documentary "Aikido" (1961) via these web sites - and I know who painted it for him - lol. There's a lot of stuff there. To be honest, I don't have the time to take on this subject as tightly as it should be taken on - maybe some day. Right now, I'm interested in getting enough together for my own sake and for the sake of my students to reconsider and/or contemplate over the spirituality of modern Aikido and how that might be like or unlike the spirituality of Osensei. It's more a thought piece than a academic work - one that stems off of my personal dissatisfaction with seeing Aikido as little more than a practical metaphor.

Again, many thanks,
david
Yes, I understand the context of your dissatisfaction very well\and I am perhaps closer to it than you are.

One final point. I found the writings of Inoue Nobutaka very useful in looking at the cultural background of Omoto-kyo.

Kindest regards,

PAG

P A Goldsbury