View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 05:21 PM   #3
senshincenter

Dojo: Senshin Center
United_States
Re: "I am the Universe."

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I'll look into that and/or take it up with Prof. Grapard.

Just by chance, you might be interested, something sparked my mind to check out the radio interview that Aikido Journal just put on DVD not too long ago - low and behold - there is Osensei saying the phrase with his own voice! lol This gave me just what I was looking for - which is material to write on the mystical foundations of Osensei's spirituality. He uses the word "Dai-Uchuu" in the phrase and it's heavily contextualized by Omoto-kyo references to dualities becoming one, the Divine Plan, and how Man and Aikido are meant to function within that plan, etc. It is really the most complete testament I have ever seen or heard by Osensei regarding what he thought he was and what he thought his art was. If you got some time, perhaps you can take a look at it and let me know what you think. The only time-consuming part is identifying all of the Omoto-Kyo references.

Again, thanks for replying, take care,
david

David M. Valadez
Visit our web site for articles and videos. Senshin Center - A Place for Traditional Martial Arts in Santa Barbara.