View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 02:37 PM   #79
Jorx
Dojo: Pärnu Aikidoclub Singitai
Estonia
Re: aikido vs jiu-jitsu

Thanks for caring but that is not a problem for quite some time now

They could do this only when they changed the pace. Which is a totally pointless thing to do in seminar in cooperative practice. Which also pissed me off. Man... I so hate when some 1.-3. kyu students start teaching you at seminars and changing paces and talking about "REAL situations" because I do not have a hakama on and wearing a whitebelt and because I like to practice rather slow and softly during seminars. It's meant to be a learning-cooperative-thing for god's sake. And I came to learn from that guy who is giving the seminar therefore I want to concentrate on his approach for this few hours.

And now I'm totally aware that I got oh-so-many options there (iriminage). I could control their head with the forearm and I could move around and drag behind and I can keep a better angle so they are not able to drag and I could step in more for hipthrow or ashibarai and I could and blah blah I'm better now (a bit)

And of course I could go down with them and put some pressure with the knee on them or make an armbar and they even wouldn't know what happened to them.

Last edited by Jorx : 01-11-2005 at 02:41 PM.