Thread: Aikido Frauds
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 03:18 PM   #256
David Humm
United Kingdom
Re: Aikido Frauds

Quote:
John Boswell wrote:
....speaking out against fraud IS dangerous... but that is the price we have to pay to keep aikido throughout the WHOLE world honest. Otherwise, the art becomes tainted and diluted in with the muck and falls by the wayside as "just another karate thing."

Sometime in our lives we should feel compelled to stand up for something... anything, even if it just ourselves. For those who can stomach it, they can stand up for Aikido as well, and I'm sure many in the world will be greatful for the effort.
John... I think you'd be surprised at the "live and let live" mentalilty of those who'd rather not 'concern' themselves with anything other than what's in front of them.

You are 100% right when you say speaking out is dangerous but, I feel the "danger" is worth the effort. If more of us took a stand against these people who seek to bolster their ego, and in doing so lie to others, the process which we are seeing today IE a PhD in MA ?? and all the rest of the bullshit would be that much slower.

Here in the UK we (those who care to look) are seeing a slow but growing trend in grossly inflated grades, experience and general BS, before long things will get worse.

Regards

Last edited by David Humm : 01-10-2005 at 03:21 PM.