Thread: Aikido Frauds
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 02:48 PM   #252
John Boswell

Dojo: Aikido of Midland
United_States
Re: Aikido Frauds

Alison,

If it's one thing I know... it is that when you see the truth of something, there is no denying it. Truth can not be denied, because it IS.

If Ledyard Sensei were to walk into my dojo and look at me and ask, "What the hell martial art is that?" then I'd begin to wonder whether I had been training in aikido or not for the last 3 years. If I were to walk into another dojo and not recognize what they were doing, I would wonder about them.

It is not a question of someone being "...so advanced, their techniques so much higher than ours that we cannon get it." If someone were truly that advanced, there were would be NO DOUBT!

People getting called out for their lack of skill or creditials HAVE to be able to back it up. And I'm not speaking from snobbery here, but rather against theirs. And yes, speaking out against fraud IS dangerous... but that is the price we have to pay to keep aikido throughout the WHOLE world honest. Otherwise, the art becomes tainted and diluted in with the muck and falls by the wayside as "just another karate thing."

Sometime in our lives we should feel compelled to stand up for something... anything, even if it just ourselves. For those who can stomach it, they can stand up for Aikido as well, and I'm sure many in the world will be greatful for the effort.

Last edited by John Boswell : 01-10-2005 at 02:51 PM.