View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 03:35 AM   #18
Thomas Ambrose

United_States
Re: Throwing Spikes?

David, I find your posts very interesting, although being a typical American college student, I have the attention span of a goldfish, so please forgive me for not completely "understanding" your points.

As for MRE's, I may be a bit deviant here, but I actually enjoy them . One of my buddies is in the Nat'l Guard and he would often give me his leftover uneaten MRE'S from his monthly training sessions and I would quite enjoy them. My favorite was spaghetti, but I must agree that pasta primaverra wasn't so delicious.

As for apple pies, I think that "Dutch Style" as they are called are my favorite, take it as you like it.

Anyway, what do I have to contribute to the original topic? One of my best friends practices Bujinkan Ninjutsu. He has had some training on bo-shuriken spikes (I hope I am gettting the terms right). He even bought a few to practice with. He showed me how to throw them and let me try them out. They are NOT easy. Out of maybe 20 throws, I managed to actually stick one of the spikes into the "pizza box" we used as a target at less than 10 feet. It does seem like something fun to learn, but I would recommend doing it right, and getting advice from someone who knows what they are doing. In other words, though I am NO expert, if you really want to learn, then get into a dojo and train!

Last edited by Thomas Ambrose : 12-23-2004 at 03:37 AM. Reason: ::sigh:: the spelling!