View Single Post
Old 04-30-2001, 03:58 AM   #48
Kami
Dojo: ShinToKai DoJo of AiKiDo
Question Re: Re: competition in aikido

Quote:
Originally posted by PeterR

Still if you look at Judo there are thousands of clubs in cities throughout the world that happily co-exist with more compeditive clubs and survive just fine on their own merits.
KAMI : Well, I can't really resist that...Even at the risk of being misunderstood, I'll have to ask :
I know conditions in my country (Brazil). In Brazil, I know of only one organization that practices judo non-competitively and it's mostly ignored by the Judo (competitive) community and almost unknown for the world at large. How's the situation in other countries (USA, France, Italy, Portugal,England...), with the sole exception of the Kano Society? Does anyone agrees with Peter's description ("thousand of clubs in cities throughout the world that happily co-exist with more competitive clubs and survive just fine on their own merits...")? Does anyone agrees with that and know these non-competitive clubs? I'm really curious!
Please, take this in honesty! Try not to attack me!

"We are all teachers, and what we teach is what we need to learn, and so we teach it over and over again until we learn it".
Unknown author

Ubaldo Alcantara