View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 11:59 AM   #19
Demetrio Cereijo
Spain
Re: Is cleaning the dojo part of training?

Quote:
George S. Ledyard wrote:
Well, Demetrio. You have quite the elevated sense of importance if you think that you're above cleaning the dojo.
Sorry, but your assumption amazes me. Why do you think that i think i'm above cleaning the dojo.

Let's clear this: I'm not above anything/anybody, i asked for more ellaborate answers.

I agree with some of the answers and don't agree with others, and everybody is entitled to have his own opinions and manage his dojos as they want. I respect all of them.

Quote:
This is a tradition that goes back hundreds of years.
A traditional practice is not better or worse than a modern practice, it's traditional. A lot of traditional practices have been discarded in benefit of the humanity and a lot of modern practices also need to be discarded for the same reason.

Quote:
If you think you should be one of those guys who shows up, trains, and then disappears then you will never even come close to having the kind of relationship with your peers and with the dojo which you should have
Unless you have some sobrenatural powers, i doubt you can know what i think, what i do in my dojo times or how my relationships with the dojo members are.

A bit of respect for all, please.

The question is: cleaning the dojo as a tool for humbling students is acceptable by today's standards?

Regards.