View Single Post
Old 04-27-2001, 04:37 AM   #34
Matt Banks
Dear Tomiki guys

Hello,

I just wanted say a few words, and I want to know if you agree with them. We must always remember that this is just a discussion forum. For all people know 80% of the people on the forum may have hardly trained in aikido (i doubt it). Dont ever let, persona's you view on a computer screen effect your view of aikido for yourself. I dont train in tomiki aikido, i train in a Yoshinkan afiliation, and people I dont know on this forum, have said they dont agree with certain methods of our aikido training, e.g. live knife jiuwaza and will power training etc, but I dont let it affect the way I see and love aikido. This forum is a great resource (well done jun) but it is not the be all and end all of the aikido population. Many people on the forum come out with statements, which to some seem ridiculous (I know I do) so dont listen to them.

In my opinion the people who do know what their talking about, are not typing on a key board their in the dojo training.

Saying that you do meet people on the forum who have common views on aikido and this leads to great discussions, and both participants learn lots and dont argue. I think its a good idea Jun's brought in this ignore gadjet....nice one.

I have a dreeeeaaaaam when an aikidoka, will be judged...not on his style or affiliation...but byyyyyyyy the content of his character.

Martin Luther King- sort of

Matt Banks

''Zanshin be aware hold fast your centre''