View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004, 04:57 PM   #93
L. Camejo

Dojo: Ontario Martial Arts
Canada
Re: Aikido and being Christian

Quote:
Sarah Bova wrote:
People bring problems by trying to force such matters .. force goes against the free will we were all given. I don't think there's anything wrong with being persuasive.
Lovely grey area ya got there. And exactly where does "being persuasive end" and forcing begin? Is it forcing when I tell you not to come in my house because I don't want your message and you show up next week? That is force imo. So it's all relative. I think I can remember a few persuasive folks through history whose method of persuasion was via the barrel of a gun. They would only get forceful when you resisted their control, but of course the gun is there to remind you.

Quote:
Sarah Bova wrote:
Anyway, Hitler's thinking was based on the idea that the world is getting better and so are people. He thought he could speed it up ..eliminate those imperfections and have the perfect human race.
Well there's a justification for ethnic cleansing if I ever heard one. Are you German by chance Sarah?.
Just kidding.

Quote:
Sarah Bova wrote:
Well, true followers of Christ will never go along with that. I dunno about other religions. I know that in Revelations, the Bible talks about people unifying beliefs (in the last days) .. creating a world religion, and the anti-christ.
Again, fundamentalism formed from the fear response seeded by dualistic thinking. Technically, every non-Christian (at least by your standards) religion is already the anti-christ, since they don't accept him as their saviour. Isn't that correct?

Wow.

Quote:
Sarah Bova wrote:
There will always be Christians proclaiming Jesus is the only way. It's like we'll ruin the whole hamonizing religion thing. Do you think it's possible (if the Bible is right in that) that in the end Christians will be "eliminated" because they are the only ones ruining the "peace"? I'm not saying .. I'm just asking what you think :-
Now I'm confused. I thought you said that if anything was wrong in the bible your faith would be shattered and you'd cry. Now you are questioning the truth in the book of Revelations? Is it true or isn't it?

Hmmm.....

As far as what I think.... well let's keep Aikiweb a G-rated forum huh?

Bless.
LC

--Mushin Mugamae - No Mind No Posture. He who is possessed by nothing possesses everything.--
http://www.tntaikido.org
http://www.mushinkan.ca