View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004, 03:56 PM   #88
Hiros_Angel

United_States
Re: Aikido and being Christian

Quote:
Kevin Leavitt wrote:
Sara, ...
As you have stated earlier, "at some point you must have faith". I don't see where what you or I have said is any different.
I don't want a fully blinded faith. My faith is based on truths that I know to be true. The Bible is not wrong in any of its provable truths, so that gives me a reason to put my faith in the areas that require my faith. If the Bible were wrong (like actually provably wrong) in even just one area .. I'd probably honestly cry ! .. and then throw away my faith... cuz it would be pointless. What is the basis of your faith?

Quote:
Kevin Leavitt wrote:
I have mastered how to use my coffee pot in the morning, but I do not need to understand exactly how it works to use it properly.
I am a creative learner .. and I like to learn through experience, so I understand this. I also know though that in some cases it is important to know how things work. For example, take doing drugs. You can learn how to use them properly, experience the good feeling .. but being completely unaware of what that drug is actually doing to your body (how it's actually working) is gradually killing you.[/quote]

Quote:
Kevin Leavitt wrote:
To answer your previous question about wanting evidence that refutes that two people cannot have two paradigms...not really interesting in picking hairs over a dogmatic difference.
But can't I just show you? Can't you just tolerate what I've found? Nobody can force you to care about it or anything ... can't I just present it?

Quote:
Kevin Leavitt wrote:
I am not saying your beliefs are not correct, they are correct for you if you believe them. What is important to me is that you find peace and harmony in your beliefs.
Now I once presented a "blue sky" analogy, but it was torn apart .. I wasn't very smart. But how about this : Suppose someone is aiming a loaded gun at 2 people. One fully believes that the gun is not loaded, while the other fully believes that it is. If the one believes it's not loaded, fine .. it's true for them. If she finds peace in believing that, good for her. When the gun is fired however, the truth is exposed.

Quote:
Kevin Leavitt wrote:
I can tolerate all religious beliefs and Aikido has room for all, however, the more important question to ask is "do you have room for me and aikido in your values"?
I have room for everyone, and I care about the beliefs of others. If by that you meant do I have room in my beliefs for all the other ways to peace..? Well, no. I believe Jesus is the only way. If I didn't, I wouldnt be a Christian. I have room to present and share that with others .. and I know some won't accept or care. People have free will for a reason, and I stress again that I couldn't ,and never would if I could, force it. I'm simply presenting, just like you .. and I'm only giving evidence as to why I believe.

<33 Sarah-with-an-h