View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004, 02:57 PM   #86
Hiros_Angel

United_States
Re: Aikido and being Christian

Quote:
Kristian Miller-Karlsen wrote:
I believe you are correct in your request from Sarah. It is important that we have tolerance for each other, and our differing spiritual beliefs.
First of all, I have "tolerance" for all belief systems and religions. If I am to be a true Christian, which is what I strive to be, I believe Christianity to be true and that Jesus was not a liar or a lunatic when he claimed to be the only way to get to the Father. As a true Christian, I am called to at least present the truth. I am not called to force it. Jesus even taught that if someone does not accept these truths, dust off your feet and move on.(He also taught that when people reject His truths, they are rejecting Jesus .. not the Christian) All I have been doing is presenting and persuading; not forcing. (the same way you all have been trying to persuade me) I have not been mean about it, and I could never force anyone here to believe as I do anyway, nor would I want to. We've both been persuading back and forth, nothing rude, mean, or forceful in my opinion.

Quote:
Sarah needs to spend as much time pondering the truth as the rest of us! I wish that reading the Bible was all that was needed to live a wholesome life. I wish it held the complete truth. Many Christians think this is so. Some of the greatest sinners I have seen have been Christians. Why don't more Christians strive for peace, strive to copy Jesus?.
You sure don't seem very tolerant of Sarah ... telling her what she needs to do. :-/ Maybe, deep down, do you want an absolute truth? Do you wonder if the Bible actually is absolute truth? You say you wish reading the Bible was all that was needed to live a wholesome life. I think Christians and non-Christians alike can live a wholesome life. And yes, Christians are just as bad of sinners as any non-Christian ...and often times have proved to be worse! We're all sinners.That's why the message of grace in the Bible is so important, and unique from all other religions. We're all sinners in this world, where mankind is going down. By accepting the gift of grace, you can be a "saved sinner". The gift of grace is for anyone willing to accept it .. accept that God supernaturally sent himself to earth in the form of man (Jesus), so he could live the perfect life (being part-God) .. and be our sacrafice (being man as well).

Quote:
Why don't more Christians strive for peace, strive to copy Jesus?.
Jesus claimed to be the way, the truth, and the life, as you know. He did claim to be peace. He didn't hang around the Christians of the day as much as he hung around the people of other beliefs. He wanted all "the lost" to know the true way of peace. He claimed to be the way of peace. Jesus accepted all people, and He loved all ....but he continually said "No one man comes to the Father except though me". He wanted all those people to come to the Father. And He said there was ONE way, not many ways depending on what you believe. I am striving to copy Jesus.

Quote:
In time people will see that to be a religious fundamentalist is to incite violence.
Aikido is about peace at all cost.
Yes, violence occurs when one's beliefs are forced upon people. (like when a government decides on a specific religion)
Forcing is not the way of Jesus. Christians may do it, and it is definately always wrong. That's why you can't look at the people (all people do bad things) ..but into the true beliefs. How am I inciting violence? can being about peace "at all costs" also mean avoiding the one truth at all costs?

Quote:
I believe strongly that if Jesus were alive today he would be deeply sorrowed by what his so called followers are doing. (IMHO).
Really? You think Jesus would be upset with the Christians who proclaim that Jesus was who He said He was? He would be upset with us for spreading His truths (that He is the ONLY way to peace)? The same truths He spread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that you're against Jesus ...not Christians. (and also against Christians who "force" their beliefs ... and I'm against that too so ..)

Quote:
God is the only Judge.
He definately is.

~Sarah