View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 01:09 PM   #76
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Aikido of Northern Virginia
Germany
Re: Aikido and being Christian

Sara,

your post hit right before mine.

KI is neither evil or good....it just exist.

It may be hard for you to understand if you look at things from a dualistic standpoint that everything is either good or evil.

Many of us believe there is other options. In western terms KI might be the point where Good/Evil meet. (Yin/Yang) in eastern terms.

When it becomes good and bad mostly personal in nature and when/how you apply it.

If I use my "energy" or KI to do harm or hurt you then it is evil. If I use it for goodness and compassion then it is good.

Nothing more, nothing less.

KI is a eastern concept. It is a concept, not a scientific reality. If you were to equate it to a scientific prinicple it would be equal to energy.

I personally wouldn't get too wrapped around the axle about it. But, respectfully, it seems to be very important to you from a religious/spiritual point of view so I completely respect your seriousness of inquiry.

The tough part of this is, that no matter how many people you ask on this board, no one will be able to give you the answer you are looking for. Only you will have to turn to yourself and your spiritual beliefs and determine what is right for you.

Since you draw your basic guiding principles from the bible, I believe you might want to figure out how to interpret KI bibically and turn to your spiritual/church leader for guidance. Or there might be other Christians around that have struggled with this concept that might be able to discuss this with you.