Contact / Power
I have heard and felt many types of contact and different types of power
I was wondering if you have come across any other types of contact/power usage.
- Tori seams to sticks to uke while performing a technique
i.e Wing Chun sticky hands, tai chi push hands
- Tori contains uke between two points of contact while performing technique.
i.e. Holding uke and pressing like a Accordion
The 'brush off
- Tori catches uke for a split second and sends uke on their way.
i.e. Skimming the surface of uke
- Like Yah from Daito Ryu, (which means arrow). e.g. Tsuki with bokken.
Contact -- Meeting uke contact and redirecting it.
There is other type of contact I have felt but remembering brings tears to my eyes!
- Tori uses heavy hand to drop uke
- Kokyu throw which uke feels very little from tori in the throw
- Kokyu throw which uke feels the hardness of tori throw