View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 08:37 PM   #26
oudbruin
Dojo: Independent
United_States
Re: Aikido And The Law

And on the lighter side, there is the urban myth about the petite female 2 or 3 dan in some karate shool who when walking to her car(from work, the bar, whatever) is beset upon by several guys and seriously maims all 3 or 4 of 'em-
--
After I made this post I discussed this issue with some of my staff counsel, and the standard in MY STATE is equivalent force. equivalent is a hazy term for me, and could mean any number of things to any number of people.
Of course common sense should apply, you don't advertise you had to use MA , and you make NICE to the man in the BLUE UNIFORM he is your freind.
(if you are not nice to the man in the blue uniform ,he will be your worst nightmere)
--
I've also confirmed that the "registration" as a deadly weapon is BS in New Jersey, doesn't exist not here. you have to register if you own an air rifle or bb gun, but not if you have killed or can kill with your hands alone.
-
No one from australia has weighed in yet, they have thier issues, now . Especially with the sword ban. How does that effect anyone trying to do iiaido? Do other countries have issues with people carrying around swords?
Bruce