View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 05:57 AM   #13
paw
Re: HERO: The movie !!

Quote:
Eric Spinelli wrote:
I had no idea the new release had new footage - I was under the impression that Miramax was just putzing around instead of actually doing anything useful. Anyhow, how much was changed? Was it just additional footage or were parts deleted and switched around as well?
I also have Hero on dvd, so I understand your concerns. I don't want to go into detail and ruin it for folks that haven't seen the movie yet, but I can say:

A few frames are added right at the start to set the stage, basically what would be a "voice over" but the words are on the screen and not spoken. After the final procession, there is something similar to serve as an epilogue.

This was all new footage and nothing was deleted that I noticed. Bottom line, I'd encourage you to see it on the big screen. I did and don't regret it at all.

Quote:
Hanna wrote:
I have been told that this is an ancient story, and it has often been used for political purposes.
I think "The Emperor and the Assassin" (Jing ke ci qin wang (1999)), also tells this story. You could see if that film is more to your liking.

Regards,

Paul