View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 04:14 PM   #4
oudbruin
Dojo: Independent
United_States
Re: Supernatural techniques...

supernatural technique-eh?
How about Bruce Franzus Sensei beating a deadly form of hepatitis he contracted in India, and by use of internal chi/ki made his way back to health.
How about Jackie Chan walking and coming back to martial arts after being told by western medicine he'd never walk again>
How about the major network show(I think it was 60 minutes..), that featured the shoal in monks and their use of chi- pulverizing the #10 brick down in a stack of 12..
The one that grabbed my attention was an old man, a Chinese chi master ( Ba qua? Chikung?..) while doing his t'ai chi practice - demonstrated his ability to harness chi, by stopping a real sword. two men leaned against the sword and tried to slice off his neck- the sword bent. Just prior they were chopping watermelon with it. The same old man- stood and while several burly guys tried to attack him - he stopped one guy with a single finger- and with his palms out - simply pushed these guys on their butts. Just like Osensei!

Supernatural...not really, good chi /ki control YES!!!!

I believe that we all have an untapped capability within ourselves that Aikido and T'ai chi and the other internal arts only just barely touch upon.

When I was a child, I accidental impaled myself on a rusty 16 penny nail down at the Jersey shore. I knew that Mom and Dad would have been angry with me, so I didn't want this to happen. I pulled myself off of the nail - no bleeding! No marks! Yes, the nail entered my skin and punched a hole in my arm- but , I think that on some unconscious level my brain found a way to control the body. Miracle? I don't know. Yes it would be a miracle if we could be able to do this on a daily basis, All the killings from knives and gunshot would be eliminated.

How is it that most folks have had some sort of experience with precognition or remote viewing or some other form of mind over the material world? Now if that link could be harnessed on a daily basis,
Sensei Tohei was just scratching the surface with ki in daily life, how about other application of mind opening the energy gates?

IMHO- the supernatural is simply that part of our mind that we rarely get to see.

Kindest Regards,
Bruce