View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 10:20 PM   #37
Michael Neal
Re: Tales of Judo Sparring Aikidoists

Quote:
Aleksey Sundeyev wrote:
An individual who chronically trolls in sense - regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait.
[/i]
then keep trolling away Aleksey, no one here has made personal attacks but you.

Quote:
Mr. Neal seems to believe that Judoka will generally have the advantage in adaptability and ma-ai, due to variant training methods.
Exactly my point. The training methods make all the difference. A Mixed Martial Arts fighter would in the same light come into a Judo dojo and probably defeat everyone there because they train that much harder and with less restrictions.

Quote:
It's more debatable if there's an advantage to having kata or randori practice as the primary form of training.
I am not sure that is really that debatable. kata is good for learning the moves but not applying them against a resisting opponent. A mixture of Kata and randori is necessary or effective technique at least against a strong and knowledgable oppponent.

Last edited by Michael Neal : 07-10-2004 at 10:26 PM.