View Single Post
Old 07-10-2000, 10:39 AM   #9
dbgard
Dojo: FSU Aikido Club
God in the Dojo

Here's a little something (a psalm if you will) I just thought up.

God both offers and welcomes respect, Beelzebub demands it.

You might like that one AikiTommyBoy

I had to word it that way to get my point across, but I don't like labeling the ultimate goodness and the ultimate evil into names. This can sometimes make us think that good and evil are outside us, when everything tells me they are inside us. Perhaps the Creator Kami (SU) was a perfect atom, with a net charge of zero (0). As for everything else we see, just wonderful enjoyment for the brain/spine/heart (kami).

I didn't join Aikido to enter some militant world of belt-rank advancement for bragging rights or intimidation factors. That's the kind of thing those generalisimos do like in the picture in Saotome Shihans "Harmony of Nature" book.

NO ONE is above the Founder's teachings, and no one can ever take his place. The most fundamental goodness of the human spirit (ki) made Ueshiba Morihei who he was, and even when the world would get him down, he'd "stand in the face of the Kami's rage.

I enjoy learning from the strong, immovable spirits of old (even Jack Daniels and Bombay Sapphire from time to time 8P.)

Happiness to All the Good Ones,
D. B. Gardner

hara-kiri for the fear-mongers,
sushi-waza for the peace-makers.

--The great dream shared among my friends--

--Please see [u]Aikido and the Harmony of Nature[u] [i]illustration:[i] p. 125. Mitsugi-san, I taught you aikido in my former life, and no