Thread: O Sensei's Diet
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 11:21 PM   #20
Misogi-no-Gyo
Re: O-Sensei's Diet

Quote:
tony cameron wrote:
hi all,

i have been doing some research on various aspects of Aikido that i would like to incorporate into my life such as kotodama, misogi and proper diet. can anyone please suggest a book or website that has specific details regarding these? i find quite a bit of useful info regarding kotodama and misogi, but i can't seem to dig up any specific dietary outlines with regards to properly alkalizing the blood etc. specifically i would like to find out exactly what O Sensei ate, how often, and when. i know that fish vegetables and rice were prominent, but i would like to know very specific guidelines or routines that O Sensei practiced with his diet (eg. how much digestion time should elapse before training, what and when did he eat after training, in the morning, etc. etc, you get my drift thank you for any information.

sincerely,

tony cameron

Mr. Cameron,

Thank you for your private e-mail. I am sorry that I have not had a chance to answer your questions. Given the breadth of material about which you are inquiring, I would like to attempt to do so when I have a considerable block of time to allot to my reply. Unfortunately, that won't be until some time next month. However, I have a few things I would like to offer as a way of balancing the information that has already been "presented" here.

1. Kototama - For now, I wouldn't bother with this subject, as according to my sources, there isn't anyone capable of teaching it in the context that O-Sensei was using it. Yes, there are hoards of religious and scholarly types with all sorts of interpretations, all of which are valid inside of their own contexts, who would be able to offer much, however, nothing related to the method of actualization required to incorporate this into your aikido practice at even the most basic level.

2. Diet - There are many dietary issues to confront when attempting to travel the path set out by O-Sensei. However, his daily diet, as noted in Homma Sensei's notes would not be one of the ones that you would need to understand or follow in order to be initiated into the path of misogi. O-Sensei's daily diet was more of a "maintenance" plan, rather than what you would need to follow before setting out on a misogi-kai.

3. Macrobiotics - Please do not take the information found in the negatively slanted posts representing outsider's views of what macrobiotics is or is not, or what it can or can not be accomplished following the principles of macrobiotics. This is especially true of the views of individuals who can only operate inside of the methods given to them by a wholly western scientific methodology. Not that there is anything wrong with such methodology, only that it, like all methodologies, has the flaw that it attempts to treat all knowledge with the same set of rules. According to the dialectic principles, this is entirely impossible.

The path you have outlined for yourself is as noble as it is steep. Therefore, I recommend that you find yourself a teacher who can guide you along the perilous slopes you will encounter along this particular path.

Last edited by Misogi-no-Gyo : 06-18-2004 at 11:30 PM.

I no longer participate in or read the discussion forums here on AikiWeb due to the unfair and uneven treatment of people by the owner/administrator.