View Single Post
Old 03-12-2001, 01:51 PM   #12
tedehara

Dojo: Evanston Ki-Aikido
Jo & Bokken Tapes by Saito

Quote:
Jappzz wrote:
Hi!

I've just started practicing buki-waza in my local iwama club. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good publications concerning jo and/or bokken suburi?

JC
Just got this email from Aikido Journal.
Quote:
We are pleased to inform you that by special arrangement with our Japanese affiliate Aiki News, we are able to offer the Aiki Ken and Aiki Jo tapes by Morihiro Saito Sensei, 9th dan. This two-tape set includes most of the Iwama aiki ken and aiki jo curriculum expertly demonstrated by Saito Sensei.

The aiki ken tape covers: 7 ken suburi, ki musubi no tachi, 5 kumitachi and henka no tachi.

The aiki jo tape includes: 31 jo kata, 20 jo suburi, 31 jo kumijo, 10 kumijo, and 13 jo awase.

These videotapes are the most detailed available on this subject and clearly depict each sword and staff movement in an easily-understood manner.

Title: Aiki Ken and Aiki Jo: The Sword and Staff of Aikido

Two-tape set, 30 min. and 45 min., 1987, $99.95
NOTE: ONLY THE JAPANESE-LANGUAGE VERSION OF THESE TAPES IN NORTH AMERICAN. NTSC FORMAT ARE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. PAL FORMAT NOT OFFERED.

Please click here for details: http://www.aikidojournal.com/catalog...ils.asp?id=T28
Have fun.

It is not practice that makes perfect, it is correct practice that makes perfect.
About Ki
About You