View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 10:28 AM   #43
SeiserL

Dojo: Roswell Budokan, Kyushinkan Dojo, Aikido World Alliance
United_States
Re: This Forum Just Lost Credability it had Left.

So let me get this straight, the entire forum, all of us, lose our credibility because you personally cannot ignore a few trolls? Is that a statement of our credibility, or of your choices? Sorry, this is the type of stuff that gets my soapbox out of storage. Don't take my comments personally, they are totally about how I see things.

IMHO, I find it a nuance that open-forums have trolls, but they do. I also find it sad that egos are so fragile that the presence of a few trolls gets someone to leave and cut themselves off from the rest of the genuine sharing and caring.

There are trolls everywhere. Learn to get off the line of attack, don't take it so personally or seriously, practice compassion for those so insecure that they troll, relax, breath, enjoy yourself, and get back to focusing on your own training. This forum is another place to practice Aikido. Trolls are just another attack. Take advantage of the opportunity. Tenkan out of range and keep going to the next post or thread that can benefit you.

I personally left Aikido-L do to attacks, I won't make that mistake again.

I am sad when anyone does not take the opportunity to learn from any situation. But that is their choice. I respect it. If you can't handle the training, that's a statement about you. Don't ask other to do it for you. I am not a fan of trolls or censorship.

If my training cannot withstand a bit of questioning and attack, I need to train better.

Thus endeth the sermon. He gets off his soapbox. Picks up his bag and heads for the Dojo.

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training. Train well. KWATZ!