View Single Post
Old 04-14-2004, 12:42 PM   #6
Doka
Quote:
C.E. Clark (Chuck Clark) wrote:
Thanks for the comments Mark. I think your point above about music is true. What I was trying to get across is that through the practice of the basic fundamentals of music and the fact that there is a notation system that is very clear, people that have developed a facility with those basic tools can then develop and present their own "style" as you mention. If everyone that wanted to learn music had to imitate a master playing songs in their own style without those tools for learning fundamentals, I doubt we would have the vast number of really proficient musicians that we do in the world.

I see a lot of similarities in the practice of budo and music (and many other art forms).
Absolutely!

May I paraphrase?

"Through the practice of the basic fundamentals of AIKIDO and the fact that there is a STRUCTURED system that is very clear, people that have developed a facility with those basic tools can then develop and present their own "style" as you mention. If everyone that wanted to learn AIKIDO had to imitate a master EXECUTING TECHNIQUE in their own style without those tools for learning fundamentals, I doubt we would have the vast number of really proficient AIKIDOKA that we do in the world."

I could not agree more!

Last edited by Doka : 04-14-2004 at 12:44 PM.