View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 03:20 PM   #14
Chad Sloman

Dojo: Aikido of West Florida, Pensacola, FL
United_States
Quote:
Aleksey Sundeyev (shihonage) wrote:
Chad, you're just a mountain of "beliefs" and "assumptions", aren't you.

Mr. Delucia puts the "martial" back into "martial art". He can harmonize "nicely" and he can harmonize "ugly" when "nicely" doesn't work.

It's good to have a choice, don't you think ?

He shows how to expand our knowledge into more possibilities so we don't just stand there when something happens that we didn't practice in the dojo, and he very respectfully derives his scheme from the way O Sensei created the Aikido techniques (ikkyo first, then nikkyo, sankyo, shihonage, kotegaeshi, iriminage etc).

In my view, all he does is confirm the idea that Aikido is never limiting, but it is all-encompassing.
Easy Killer ......I am full of assumptions and beliefs, I don't profess to know anything. And I wasn't putting down Mr. Delucia, in fact I was stating at how skilled he was. What I do know is that in "my" practice we don't train like he does. Can you tell me which part of my post inflamed you? Or which part you disagree with?

A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.