Thread: handle lengths
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 05:14 PM   #11
judd h.

Glad I could make you laugh!

I actually was in a hurry to leave the house when I was typing and didnt pay attention.

Actaully, most of the katanas that one can purchase for iaido (modern that is) are about the lengths I stated. I do realize however that peoples preferences vairy, but If I am to understand that, and accept it, which I do, then why is my preference seem to be such a problem? If it isnt then by all means let me know. Because I have noticed a trend on this board, which is to say that it seems most "new" posters get the usual "no no, it's not done that way" or like the person who asked a question about a book pretty much got bashed for bringing it up. Now you guys haven't done any of that, but the general idea I am getting and alot of people i have talked to about this board, have all pretty much agreed that the users aren't very forgiving or open minded. I just feel like alot of people on here should think a little on the kinder side before typing whatever comes to their mind. Just like when I said, "correct Iaido sword length." I just didnt think first. I'm not trying to get into a debate, I just wanted to let everyone who reads this, know that this site in particular would be much bigger (more members) if most of the traffic wasn't frightened away from the "you're wrong, I'm right" scenario. I think there is too much debate in this place and not enough general acceptance to differences. Besides, this is afterall Aikido, in the message board form...

"We are the leaders of the Free World. That is a role that comes with great responsibility."