Thread: Shihonage
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2000, 03:22 PM   #2
dbgard
Dojo: FSU Aikido Club
Circle someone reply, pleassseee???

I will reply to this so my pride isn't hurt.

The chapter in "The Secrets of Aikido" entitled "Kami..The Divine Alchemy of Fire and Water"

To me this is simple: a kami is a person (male or female or neuter or whatever) who doesn't hate, who loves the natural world and the human beings that would be inseparable from it. The kami live freely, without fear. They can never understand the Creator (the Kami), only learn about It and do Its will. Its will is to enlighten and purify the world. Its will is to make all human beings into kami, and all kami into one family.
Human beings do not have to be kami if they so choose. This free choice, this option, is the greatest gift SU ever presented us with. Age numbers are important at times, but meaningless at other times. We are all in this together. The kami unite to form the missing link. A kami is wonderfully in touch with his/her animal needs as well as his/her human needs.
For a kami, MA-AI has become MAAI. The kanji for AI looks a little like a house to me. A little like a dojo. A sanctuary. A place where the only thing laughed at is ego. The rest is laughed with. I long for the day when my AI becomes MAAI, and I think that day is nearing for me. Consider this matrix:

4 -4

-4 4

Consider this proportion:

4/-2 = -2/4

Cross multiply both the matrix and the proportion, all you get is a positive outcome.

All any one of us really longs for is happiness, a positive sense of self-worth. So few of us know how to achieve this. So few. So few kami. They want more in their family, when all human beings are kami, we will all live forever and protect each other and love each other and respect each other and teach each other, and learn from each other. One Divine, invisible Sensei (God/the Creator/Kami/Allah/etc..) many millions of Sensei.

Just some sushi for thought,
Drew

hara-kiri for the fear-mongers,
sushi-waza for the peace-makers.

--The great dream shared among my friends--

--Please see [u]Aikido and the Harmony of Nature[u] [i]illustration:[i] p. 125. Mitsugi-san, I taught you aikido in my former life, and no