View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 04:45 PM   #19
Misogi-no-Gyo
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Great article.

Quote:
John Hogan (Hogan) wrote:
Wow - such much quick judgment. Calling my question "...very disrespectful, insinuating that Seagal Sensei ran his dojo with any impropriety,...". Asking me to "Please be clearer when asking questions that could be taken in a way that indicates a lack of respect....". Saying my question was asked as a "...backhanded question hoping that people may notice...". And saying that my question was "...simply...a poor choice of words".

I asked a simple question, and all you needed to do was answer very simply. Must this simple answer of yours: "There was never any charge for any student to take a dan test. The only fees that were collected were the ones forwarded to the Aikikai for passing the test" be wrapped in the middle of a really defensive answer ?

You, Fred and Daniel, and all other Seagal fans/students, need to chill.

Personally, I did not like the tone of your original question; so much so, that I was only going to post saying it did not deserve a reply. However, following my own recommendation, I made the statement that it seemed off, as off as your follow-up. You did not merely ask a "simple" question, or you would have received a simple answer. I had not read anyone else's reply before I posted. It appears that I am not the only one who fettered out the poor intent from your question. Again, your follow up indicates something like and axe, or a chip, but not having made a clear statement in either post, I am really not sure what you are indicating. Yes, I did get the part about "Chill." If you new me, then you would understand, this is Chill for me. As for being defensive, do not mistake a polite setting aside of your offensiveness, as such. I provided clarity where you deliberately set out to cloud the truth with what now seems more likley some ill feelings towards someone you don't know. Worse, your poorly worded question (giving you what may be left of any benefit of the doubt) insinuated that the dojo that my teacher ran was somehow squeezing money from its core students.

If I inadvertently insinuated that you, your family, or your dojo did as much, I would hope you would set the record straight. If I had intentionally done so, then I would expect you to put me in my place while setting the record straight.

Your inability to deal with what came at you as a direct result of your own actions is a clear indication of what is wrong with society today. Be responsible for your actions. Don't blame it on another, like a child does when confronted.

I no longer participate in or read the discussion forums here on AikiWeb due to the unfair and uneven treatment of people by the owner/administrator.