View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 03:55 PM   #17
Misogi-no-Gyo
Re: Re: Re: Great article.

Quote:
John Hogan (Hogan) wrote:
He didn't happen to charge those same people again and again for testing for shodan again and again, did he ?
Mr. Hogan,

While I think the question is very disrespectful, insinuating that Seagal Sensei ran his dojo with any impropriety, and thus not deserving of an answer, the answer itself does tell a bit more of the story, shedding light on the character of the Dojo. There was never any charge for any student to take a dan test. The only fees that were collected were the ones forwarded to the Aikikai for passing the test. Please be clearer when asking questions that could be taken in a way that indicates a lack of respect. Of course, if you are trying to be disrespectful, make a statement that clearly says what you think, rather than ask a backhanded question hoping that people may notice. My hope is that you were not actually meaning to be disrespectful, and are simply guilty of a poor choice of words.

So there you have it.

I no longer participate in or read the discussion forums here on AikiWeb due to the unfair and uneven treatment of people by the owner/administrator.