Thread: What the hell?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 06:01 PM   #108
JasonFDeLucia

Dojo: Aikidog Aikikai
Quote:
Maresa Sumardi (indomaresa) wrote:
Glad to see that Sensei deLucia is finally chiming in.

There's hundreds of aikido styles out there. If I criticize aikikai, am I criticizing aikido? No.

Sensei deLucia, Am I criticizing your style? I don't know, I haven't seen it. But I don't approve the way you use aikido as a popularity gimmick. ( Judging from www.aikidog.com )

Plus I disapprove of your conduct in my heart only. Read carefully and you'll notice that my posts didn't even word anything resembling critic "on" you.

And... I AGREE WITH YOU that traditional aikido training can never be the same with the one with additional combative experience. If you had the time to ask one of your pupils, miss wendyrowe, you'll find out that I wholeheartedly approve with your realistic aikido training. I've discussed this previously with her via private messages.

I'm pretty sure I could be wrong, you could be completely honorable person and your techniques and demeanor reflecting the very essence of aikido. But I DON"T KNOW THAT. I only have your site to judge with. ( and that martial art show on tv ) Don't mind me, I criticize aikido training all the time. Especially mine.

Mr. Rehse, IMO people should see every aspect of aikido before judging aikido itself. So I still think no one IS & WILL EVER BE qualified to judge aikido. only the training.

Judging someone's aikido is not judging aikido. We all know the difference. I haven't seen all of aikido, and I'm sure you or aikidog haven't, so there.

maresa,i am only doing a literal take on the words used ,not intending to assert ill intent ,but some times ,like myself it happens that we write it not the way we thought it.it is not for me a popularity gimmic ,it is how i feed my family.any one who is comissioned to fight in any capacity,is in fact consistant with the legacy that brought the art to you .