View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 02:52 PM   #1
Kat.C
Funny things during class

I'm not sure that reading about this will be as funny as seeing it, but I have to post this as I still find myself laughing about it sometimes.Last class one of the techniques we did started out with a wrist grab and nage doing a tenkan extending uke forward, and then as uke turns to continue the attack nage does a strike to the face and enters under their arm and does a cutting motion to bring uke down and in towards nage. Well when it was my partner's turn to be nage she managed the first part well enough but when she stepped under my arm and went to cut down she bumped into me slightly and then fell over, all of a sudden she was there just sitting on the mat. A good thing she's a close friend of mine because I started laughing and just couldn't stop. It took me a couple of minutes to get myself under control. Now I've thrown a nage once or twice when they've really lost the technique but I think this is the first time one has just fallen over.

Kat

I find the aquisition of knowledge to be relatively easy, it is the application that is so difficult.