Thread: What the hell?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 10:48 PM   #35
Chris Raywood
I don't know what to make out of this site, but I tend to side with what was previously mentioned by Michael Young and Kieum Kim.

Somehow the old phrase "Gargage in, garbage out" come to mind refering to information that has value.

If this man has anything to contribute to the art, either in whole or in part, then such contribution(s) will stay and be made use of. If he does not, his site (and/or ideas) will sooner or later disappear.

Personally, (and maybe through my own character flaw) I tend to be put off by any multi-faceted "expert" that claims to be the new messiah of any art.

On the other hand, and with the respect I have for martial artists who put their "money where their mouth is" and get in a ring, I will say this:

No art, whether martial or otherwise stays stagnant. It either evolves, or its dies. I'm sure I don't have to point out to the respondents on this site the number of times in history where an individual presented new ideas that went against traditionalist views or mainstream thought. Their contributions changed and benefited mankind from that day forward.

2 cents.

Regards,

Chris

PS My compliments to Ms. Rowe for jumping in and defending her Sensei. Even though I may not agree with everything she had to say, such an trait is certainly admirable.