Thread: Fear
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2000, 08:24 PM   #11
dbgard
Dojo: FSU Aikido Club
Cool I fear no beer

Usul "Muad'Dib" said in my favourite book: "I must not fear, fear is the mind-killer, fear is the little death that brings total obliteration, I must face my fears, I must permit them to pass over me and through me..." Forgive me Mr. Herbert if some of that is wrong, I haven't seen the book or movie in 4 years.
Anyway, in my non professional opinion, fear stems from one of two basic foundations:

1. Loneliness (when one's environment is Ma-ai not Maai.)

2. Addiction to anything but natural substances, 'natural' in this sense meaning 'proper'. Foods, drugs (prescription or the sneaky stuff), beverages (biru or root biru), sex (or that solo thing) must all fit neatly into ma-ai, in order to bridge this otherwise chaotic gap. "Moderation" spoken by a person in a stable environment is the spice of life. "Moderation" abused to rationalise ego-driven behaviour is pure poison for the brain, spine, and heart.

Like the lyric in that Mighty Mighty Bosstones song "I'm not a coward, I've just never been tested," test your courage, push your mind to its limits, and drink a half gallon of your ego and propose a toeast with the divine Creator to being born again. 8). Or keep living in the fearful matrix of your own mind 8(. Or completely disregard everything you've just read...haha

Drew Gardner == sempai/sensei/kohai/cerveza kudasai 8)

hara-kiri for the fear-mongers,
sushi-waza for the peace-makers.

--The great dream shared among my friends--

--Please see [u]Aikido and the Harmony of Nature[u] [i]illustration:[i] p. 125. Mitsugi-san, I taught you aikido in my former life, and no