View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 10:13 AM   #12
Bronson

Dojo: Seiwa Dojo and Southside Dojo
Quote:
Damion Lost (Ghost Fox) wrote:
I do fear that one day I will hurt someone seriously. I allow this thought to sometimes hinder my Aikido, especially around more fragile Ukes. Does anyone else worry about this, or have this problem?
Yes but I don't consider it a problem. The softer I can learn to do a technique the better. I've done my share of accidental tweaks and it just makes me more aware of how unaware I was.

I've seen people write on Aikiweb that their instructor is really great because he can throw uke so hard that uke goes blind in one eye and pisses blood for a week (paraphrased of course ). I tend to be more impressed with those people who can put me on the ground so gently that I have no idea how or even why I'm down there. I attack, they disappear, I'm staring at the ceiling thinking that one day I'll learn to do that.

Bronson

"A pacifist is not really a pacifist if he is unable to make a choice between violence and non-violence. A true pacifist is able to kill or maim in the blink of an eye, but at the moment of impending destruction of the enemy he chooses non-violence."