Thread: False sense?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 12:12 PM   #13
Eric Joyce
Dojo: Budoshingikan
United_States
Quote:
Chris Raeger wrote:
Cooperation is about the relationship you form with a training partner and how well you communicate and share your respective experience of Aikido. You will do better with some people than others and better some nights than others. The goal is to continually strive for improvement. If you can clearly relate to your training partner what you need form them and vice versa, things will improve for both of you. Then the question of people tanking on you will be deminsihed or go away all together. Your expressed confidence in them and their abilities and the same coming back at you should be aimed for at every training time. Aikido is a shared experience, that should also be a positive experience for all concerned.
Hey Chris,

I agree with you to a point, but when was the last time you had to "clearly relate" to some guy attacking you? My concern and my point is that I, and for the rest of my fellow aikidoka, don't want them to have a false sense of something working. I do respect your opinion and I thank you for your comment.

Eric Joyce
Otake Han Doshin Ryu Jujutsu