View Single Post
Old 01-12-2001, 09:56 AM   #18
Dojo: Ren Bu Kan
Location: Birmingham, UK
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 3
Re: Re: Arm stretch

aarjan wrote:
cathdavies68 wrote:
I think the term you want is ude nabashi. This is the correct name for gokyo and literally means arm stretch.
Thanx but I don't see the link to Gokyo or to any other technique, can you explain it?

You apply gokyo with the feeling of stretching the arm. It is not the same as ikkyo, although looks similar. It is a knife defense technique (so not normally pratised from a grab)and some teachers only teach ura waza as it is considered safer. You particularly feel the stretching part of the technique when doing ura waza.

Hope this helps.

  Reply With Quote