View Single Post
Old 01-10-2001, 10:15 AM   #11
akiy's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 5,999
Aikilove wrote:
I mean "katate osae" is something like "technique of one hand" isn't it.
Not quite -- "osae" comes from the verb "osaeru" which basically means "to immobilize by pressing down." Some styles of aikido call ikkyo/ikkajo "ude osae" which basically means "immobilizing the arm" and yonkyo/yonkajo "tekubi osae" which basically means "immobilizing the wrist."

Maybe this is the proper name for the stretch, but I can't say "yea" or "nay" since I don't know...

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
  Reply With Quote