View Single Post
Old 01-08-2001, 03:53 PM   #4
Brian
Quote:
Iwama_Ryu wrote:
. But when i started to take my practice to a higher level i understud from the first moment that I trained Christianity and aikido didnt fit together.
Please explain why you don't think they fit together. It's obvious you have a strong opinion on this, but you didn't divulge why. Seeing as how aikido is a martial art that promotes love and peace, ending hostile situations while doing as little harm to your attacker as possible, and Christianity is (get this,) a religion that promotes love and peace, a famous Gospel quote being "turn the other cheek," I don't see how they don't fit together.

Quote:
Iwama_Ryu wrote:

When i became 15 i saw the movie "On danrerous ground" with Steven segall where he in the end talked about the destruction of the earth. i understood from the first moment that this was christianity fault.

Again, why exactly do you think that the destruction of the earth is the fault of Christianity? Pollution is accumulated from all over the earth, from nations with dominant religions completely different from Christianity , yet you think only Christians are destroying the earth.

Quote:
Iwama_Ryu wrote:

All other religions speeks about that everything has a soul and so on and tries to live in the way of nature. But christianity takes for granted that every thing exept christianty sucks if i may say so. They destroy and poison the earth.

Actually, Christianity, in general, doesn't specify whether or not to live in 'the way of nature,' as you put it. Also, the religion cannot be attributed with the 'destruction' and 'poisoning' of the earth, but to the expansion of civilization. Please go deeper on why you believe Christianity 'sucks,' and why Christians destroy and poison the earth. I cannot speak for every Christian denomination (there are several major sects, and several hundred minor sects), but Catholicism teaches that we are the stewards of earth, and should do our best to take care of and preserve it. As a veteran of many a on-line conversations about religions, please realize that almost every religion has different sects, each with different teachings and ideals. Some may be very minor, others so different they barely resemble any of the others, only keeping true to the core concept. Generalizing as you did by including all Christianity is almost impossible because of the vast differences between the denominations.

Quote:
Iwama_Ryu wrote:

All of my family is christian and has allways been so. My grand father is a fantic if i may say so and my father lives by the christian rules but it is something that isn't right with christianity. Can someone please tell me??????????
With certain denominations, only to the extent that those denominations conflict with what I believe in. With Christianity as a whole, I wouldn't bet on it.