View Single Post
Old 04-21-2003, 10:51 PM   #11
Bronson

Dojo: Seiwa Dojo and Southside Dojo
In a section of our test we are required to do a certain number of techniques (your choice) from any attack asked (sensei's choice). The number of techniques required goes up as you get closer to shodan. Sometimes in the middle of the test it gets confusing...you're tired, jittery, or whatever and it's easy to forget how many different techniques you've already done. I have in the past used the simple: ikkyo, nikyo, sankyo, kotegaeshi, shihonage pattern to help remind myself how many more I need to do. It's true that this takes some of the creativtiy out of it but it's a small tradeoff in my opinion. When you're at a level where you can get confused enough to forget how many you've done you're probably not at a high enough level to be all that creative anyway

Bronson

"A pacifist is not really a pacifist if he is unable to make a choice between violence and non-violence. A true pacifist is able to kill or maim in the blink of an eye, but at the moment of impending destruction of the enemy he chooses non-violence."