View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 07:33 AM   #23
KaitlinCostello

United_States
Hi Jane
Quote:
You're right about acetaminophen especially if it's combined with codeine (double liver whammy). It should be important to note that just about every NSAID has a negative side.
Sadly I found this out the hard way. Lortab is a cheap form of vicodine ( in a particularly strong dose) and has addiction problems up the wazoo. My doctors prescribed Lortab as a "solution" to my pain because they cannot find anything "in the books" as to why I am constantly in pain. I believe it is important to listen to your body, and in doing so protect it from things like these powerful NSAIDs.
Quote:
Though acetaminophen is known for liver damage, ibuprophen, naproxen, and aspirin have been linked to kidney damage and in some cases failure. Recently, I've also heard of edema in the legs as a side of ibuprophen, but haven't seen the literature on that yet.

Overall, everything we put in our bodies should be addressed with care (IMHO). Everything we've discussed on this list has it's downside, we just have to keep our eyes wide open as we attempt to treat our bodies.
This is true, however if you are responsible with your dosage ( I alternate every other day with my prescription , step one in breaking the addiction , the likely hood of causing permanent damage is lowered… Don't be afraid to give your body a break, eyewaza may not be fun, but it is also a pertinent learning technique.

Best regards,

Kaitlin

~~No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through tears.~~