View Single Post
Old 03-15-2003, 09:04 PM   #17
aikidoc
Dojo: Aikido of Midland
United_States
Jo:

I would call making threats a fairly obvious form of attacking. I have real thick skin but when someone operates off an emotional opinion and attacks people without justification, especially when historically inaccurate, it is difficult to just let it go by. Personally, I could give a damn what the person says to me since I operate under the philosophy that how you talk about and treat others says a lot about you as a person and little if nothing about the person you are dissing. However, in an aikido forum it would be nice to see people follow the rules suggested by Jun to treat our fellow aikidoka with a certain amount of courtesy. You don't have to like what they say and a good argument can be a learning experience for everyone involved. However, to make attacks on the person and slander the other person is in my opinion immature and irresponsible. Many of us like to chat about topics of interest without all the static. True I cannot be in the mind of others and speak for their intent. However, words frequently do not leave much to the imagination. My 2 cents.