View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003, 03:12 PM   #20
Charles Bergman
Dojo: Shin Sui Kan/Genoa, Ohio
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 10
United_States
Offline
I was just relating what I've read, but I tend to agree with Jarmillo's post. Shioda Sensei relates in his book that O'Sensei said that Atemi was 70% of Aikido (the other 30% is Nage Waza).

If this is true, then it would make sense to practice alot.

In a real fight, its also likely that a person my grab you or try to grapple. This would allow you to use the techinques practised from a wrist grab. I still don't think Katatedori is meant as an initial attack in and of itself (at least not where I'm from).
  Reply With Quote