View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 05:17 AM   #1
Win
Aikido Journal and Copyright and Profits $$

Its frustrating that Aikido Journal has a large aikido archive but its not available for the general public, us, ordinary aikidokas. some, (or all?) of that wealth is behind paywalls, like Aikido Journal TV.

So far, please correct me if i am mistaken.

There is nothing against putting your own creation after a paid wail. but i wonder if all these treasures are used with permission from the copyright owners and the actual makers and actual persons in these films and other documents.

To collect and share documents such as (other peoples) films and photos, is justified when its fair use and serves a non profit reason, right?
But how about profiting from other peoples work, and keeping it out of reachof aikidokas. (unless they fork over money.)

Any thoughts on this, anybody. Shouldnt the Aikido Journal archives be freely open to anybody bc parts of it is not their copyright.

The many films of OSensei, that AJ offers for paid view, does AJ has the copyrights and or shares its profits with the makers of the film, or share profits with the Ueshiba family?