View Single Post
Old 12-20-2021, 01:15 PM   #7
Hellis
Dojo: Ellis Schools of Traditional Aikido
England
Re: Livre sur Noro senseï, l'Aïkido et le Kinomichi

Quote:
Philippe Nguyen wrote: View Post
These stories have the charm of showing the sensei at a close range, kind of "off the mat". They show 2 aspects of Noro sensei: the bully amongst the Human, the angel amongst the bullies. Noro sensei was that too.
I understand you do the forms from 1 to 16 as Noro taught us in the Uk and in France. You still do the forms and not kata dori or eri dori, I believe.
We have 25 "manners" and 111 movements. Do you do those things? When did they come into Noro sensei's teaching?
Today, some go by the 25 and others the 111 as the starting point or the aim, depending on their likings. 25 manners develop the inner aspects of the technics and the 111 the applications to the 16 forms or dori.
Division prevails when to my understanding the opposite side of a technic reveals aspects not visible from the first side. Opposition is not to be rejected but explored.
I believe there is so much to study that it is good the keep in mind that there is as much on the other side of our knowledge, waiting for us to study.
Still, I did and do enjoy the explosive aspects of aikido although being older limits the time I can fly through the air!
Hi
In the 1950s Kenshiro Abbe Sensei taught variations of techniques by simply saying " necessary this action " there were no names for any techniques until the arrival of Mutsuro Nakazono Sensei and Masamichi Noro Sensei, I don't know if the worked out the form system together ? maybe not, it all seemed to be Noro's idea, at the time it was revolutionary , the forms were studied by all UK students for several years, as Aikido changed and different groups went their different ways, so many values changed , the form system was a casualty, we still use the form system, I see no reason to change.

Henry Ellis
Co-author: British Aikido History.
Co-author: Founding of Ju-Jutsu,Judo,Aikido in the UK,