View Single Post
Old 12-09-2002, 09:39 PM   #2
Bronson

Dojo: Seiwa Dojo and Southside Dojo
Hey Marty,

The next time you make it to Battle Creek when sensei is in town ask if you can see his hakama. I'm pretty sure it's from Tozando and is polyester. I prefer the the cotton/polyester blends. Good mix of durability and ease of maintenance. Personally I'd stay away from all cotton hakama (ironing them can be a pain ) I and few others in Battle Creek haven't really been that happy with our latest Bujin hakama. I can't really pin it down on anything specific...they just don't fit right. Not to mention that the traditional koshita is really thick and not all that much fun to be rolling over.

I've decided that in the future I will be getting mine from a local kendo instructor/martial arts supplier in Battle Creek. I figure that if I'm going to spend $100 on a poly/cotton hakama from Bujin and then have to have it altered to fit right, I may as well spend $60 locally on a poly/cotton hakama and then have it altered.

See ya tomorrow,

Bronson

"A pacifist is not really a pacifist if he is unable to make a choice between violence and non-violence. A true pacifist is able to kill or maim in the blink of an eye, but at the moment of impending destruction of the enemy he chooses non-violence."